Stash Your Cash
Tips for Better Banking
- Shop around before you choose a bank and/or checking or savings account. Visit Bankrate.com to compare fees and rates between banks. Also review the checking account basics.
- Monitor your bank account balance. Keep track of your expenditures and be sure to regularly balance your account.
- Pay attention to the fees charged by your bank. For example, do you have to keep a minimum balance in your account in order to avoid a monthly charge? Ask your bank for a detailed fee sheet.
- Do not give out the pin number for your ATM/debit card.
- Use only your bank's ATM machines so you can avoid extra fees.